Dear Little Belle,
I might say this every month, but at five months, you are simply the best! (cue having Tina Turner stuck in your head for the rest of the day).
You have us laughing on a daily basis. You are just SO much fun.
The best is in the evenings when Daddy gets home from work, as soon as you see him walk through the door you smile and flap your arms and legs around frantically as he walks towards you with the biggest, goofiest smile that takes over your whole face.
You love songs, especially Elmo’s song. We both have it downloaded on our phones for those emergency situations when we need you to be calm for 3 minutes! Last week were were in the Apple store getting the computer fixed and we were stuck waiting there for hours. You were happy, frantic, tired and then beyond. We resorted to lying you on the tech desk on my coat watching Elmo song on repeat. I owe Elmo so much already.
Your laugh. Boy do you know how to laugh. This week you had everyone in the library watching you as you performed to the toddlers. They were jumping around in front of you and you were just hysterical. It was just what I needed. Little do you know that moments before I had been in tears with some of the Mum’s because you had not slept for more than 40 minutes at a time for eight days. I am so glad that a friend caught this on camera because it was such a cute moment. Thank you Belle.
- You have discovered your little feet now and you love putting them in your mouth and sucking your toes. It is incredibly sweet to watch.
- You can roll from your tummy to your back but you cry every time that you do it. I think it is the shock. Don’t worry, we get that rolling is a big deal.
- You can grab toys and put them in your mouth. Your favourite is Sophie the giraffe. We don’t go anywhere without Sophie. Ever.
- You ‘can’ do stretches of four hours sleep but I never get my hopes up. It is easier for us both that way.
- You have the funniest facial expression when we give you a toy to play with (click ‘here’ to see it – if Instagram still exists when you are reading this!).
- You LOVE your Saturday morning walks with Daddy. I knew that he would be a good Dad but he is really incredible. You are a very lucky girl Belle. I can’t wait to watch your relationship grown.
Watching you grow is like slowly unwrapping the best present that I have ever been gifted. Each week and month reveals a whole new aspect of you and your character. And then, just as I think that I have sussed you, you change and develop and get even better.
I had no idea that you would be this much fun. However tired or grumpy I feel, your smile resets me. I am convinced that my post baby body is designed to survive your baby smiles and giggles alone.
Belle, you are an absolute joy. You have enriched our lives and our relationship so much. We love you endlessly.