Happy 6 months little Freddie bear – it is your half birthday.
I do wonder if ‘Freddie bear’ will stick as your nickname, or whether it will only last as long as the cute grunting and growling noises that you make all-of-the-time. I guess only time will tell. I’m pretty sure that you will outgrow it, but right now, I love it.
Freddie, you are the happiest, most loving, most bashful, chunkiest little snuggle bug that I have ever met. You are covered head to toe in these gorgeous rolls of puppy fat and they are just so cute. Strangers are constantly touching your little wrists and legs, which drives me crazy but I can kind of sympathise because they are just irresistible! But a message to all the random people on the subway – please stop touching my baby.
You are very sociable, and when anyone new gives you any kind of attention you give them this huge smile that takes over your whole body. Then you blush and quickly hide your face in my neck. It is unbelievably sweet.
You save your absolute biggest chuckles for you sister. I don’t know what she does and how she does it but she is your favourite person to play with. You and her have such a special bond. As soon as you wake up she rushes over to you and tells you that she missed you and your face lights up like you are being reunited with an old friend that you haven’t seen in years. Then you two snuggle up and cuddle and giggle for a good ten minutes – after every nap!
- You are almost sitting. I managed to grab a photo of you just before you flopped back onto your back.
- You have started some solids but just like Belle, you are not that fussed. I know that you will eat when you are ready. In the meantime, you are still enjoying your milk. As Dad rightly pointed out, you do not look like you are in desperate need of food – look at you!
- You love to pull your sister’s hair. When she is busy cuddling you, you grab her curls and pull. She cries and you think it is the funniest thing in the world. Belle tells you to say sorry and then gets annoyed that you don’t say it.
- You are SO big. You are already in the same size nappies as Belle (which is very useful) but kind of shocking too.
- You love your bathtimes. It is definitely your favourite time of the day.
- You are nowhere near sleeping through the night yet but I am okay with it. I am enjoying the night feeds with you Freds because it is OUR quiet time and I know that they will not last forever.
Something that we have only noticed recently is just how alike you are Belle are. You do not look the same right now but looking back at photos of Belle at your age is crazy. I mean, just look at Belle’s six month post – it could be the same baby! I am glad that all of your baby photos have dates on so that I can figure out who it is in the photo!
Freddie you have been the best addition to our family that we could have wished for. You have positively added to our lives in every way imaginable. We love you little Freddie bear.